Fertilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dose something similar to EI. I used the fertilator on aquaticplantcentral.com and found out how much of each fert (kno3, k2so4,k2hp04, flourish, flourish iron) I needed to dose to get the target levels in my tank. So now I just dose that...which is probably close to the estimates of EI. I just wanted to be sure I was adding enough of each nutrient. I do 50% water changes once a week and alternate macros and micros much like EI.

Either way its pretty easy and the plants thrive. I have only one type of pesky algae that won't go away..nothing like I have had in the past by doing other fertilizing routines.

I chose to use Flourish and Flourish iron for my micros. Its easier for me and I never could figure out how much CSM+B I needed to dose...and I decided I didn't need the gh booster. Its up to you...there are things you could substitute and/or leave out if you wanted IMO.

I tried to mix mine with water once....but I was always afraid it wasn't mixing well and I wasn't getting all of the nutrient I needed to get. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom