Finally some photos of the new tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ALittleSalty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As some of you may remember, my previous 20 gallon tank had a minor misfortune with a peice of pvc pipe and the resulting 2 inch hole it created. I purchased a 29 gallon tank, so I could still use the hood I made as well as the stand. Here are two pictures I took. They arent the best, but still getting used to my new camera and was a little impatient with it tonight.

I am running two stock 20 watt lights with a different bulb in them(cant remember what they are) xp1 for a filter, 1 bag of flourite mixed with regular black gravel.

Fish are 3 chinese barbs, 1 oto, 1 cory cat, 6 rasboras, and 14 glo light tetras.

My plant selection is slim right now, but more will be added later. I currently have 1 moneywort (started out as a 3 inch high plant, and is now about 3 inches from the surface), a 5 or 6 peices of anacharis, some of it is floating others are anchored in bed.

I am running a diy co2 system but I dont think it is working quite right.....

Jon

Attachments

• s1030188_415.jpg
    s1030188_415.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 36
  • s1030190_970.jpg
    s1030190_970.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 29
What has your experience with the fluorite been like in terms of cloudy water? I'm considering using fluorite for my substrate but have heard that it can be a pain as it is hard to rinse. What do you think?

ps. the tank looks great!

Back
Top Bottom