First super nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is my go at my first super nano planted aquarium. It's a marina cubus 0.9 gal rimless cube. With Eco complete, petite anubias nana and some lava rock. I was thinking about adding a pair of red crystal shrimp and some dwarf baby tears. It even has a baby filter! It came with an LED, but I've got it under a compact fluorescent now.

Attachments

• image-63478856.jpg
    image-63478856.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 156
  • image-615254976.jpg
    image-615254976.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 114
wow..so interesting...I wonder if you could put some nano fishes in there...hehe...

The smallest that I'd do nano fishes in is a 5gal. Just because of the swimming room. I'm looking into some celestial pearl danios for my 5gal, but for this I'd probably only do a pair of shrimp.

that is an awesome aquarium...wish i could find one that small

Here's the itty bitty filter. The current is even weak enough for this little cube. I'm definately stocking up on these.

Attachments

• image-273215390.jpg
    image-273215390.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 99
Wow you can have shrimp in a tank that small? I have a one gal tank that I couldn't think of anything that I could put in there...you think a couple shrimp only need 1 gal?

siva said:
Wow you can have shrimp in a tank that small? I have a one gal tank that I couldn't think of anything that I could put in there...you think a couple shrimp only need 1 gal?

Well if they get too big, I'll move them

Hmm what an idea. Thanks for the thread..finally found use for my 1 gal now :)

I think you could do more than a couple... I have 50 in a 5 gal tank...

I would steer clear of CRS for a tank that small though. They will almost certainly not breed in that small of a tank, and the water parameters would fluctuate a little too much with each PWC.

I would go with 6 RCS or some other kind of neocaridina instead.

Great tank!! Love that anubias nana petite. Great low light nano tank plant!

yeah, I was just reading about how sensitive crs are. I'll probably do 2-5 rcs

Added some baby tears. I know it's a high light plant, I've got the tank under 40watts. We'll see how it does. :]

Attachments

• image-3020118015.jpg
    image-3020118015.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom