Floating Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frostshine

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I have a ten gallon 3-or-so month old tank, and have been looking into live plants for a while now. Unfortunately, I have already set it up with gravel and fake plants, and don't really want to switch now. But I've heard people reference floating plants, and was wondering if I could get any for my tank. (That are preferably good at hiding fry). Care, lighting, etc details would be great. Thanks!

What type lighting and bulbs do you have? Your best choice IMO would be getting some water sprite and floating it.

I'll get the name in a moment. (The manuals are sitting around somewhere, but who knows where). Is water sprite low maintenance? And will it die just floating?

Duckweed or water lettuce might work. Fry seem to like water lettuce. In my tank, the molly fry always hang out in the roots. I have it growing in a 29 gallon (medium light), 10 gallon (low light), and 5 gallon tank (high light). It is growing well in all tanks.

Water sprite does just fine floating or planted. You can also do pretty much any plant in gravel, its just a little more difficult to get them to stay planted sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom