Flora Max

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melissa1977

Aquarium Advice Activist
What would be the purpose of using this substrate ? Is it inert ? Or does it contain some kind of nutrient ?

I think that I've just wasted my money...

I just started a new 28 gallons heavily planted tank. 3.5 watts/gallons, some carpet plant (gloss), riccia on rocks, couple of red plants and a lot of green plants. All of these plants coming for my existing 45 gallons tank.

I used Flora Max for the bottom layer of substate (1-2 inch thick) and some gravel mix with Flora Max (appx 0.3-0.5 mm beige gravel/1-2 inch thick total)...

Don't know if I should change my substrate...and redo my planting...
:?

i have never heard of Flora Max

what kind of Co2 (if any are you using?) what (if any) are you dosing?

Here it is

Looks just like flourite and Profile Aquatic soil. It says it is inert and if it has any kind of CEC, ability to hold nutrients than it should work as well Profile aquatic soil or flourite.

The Hagen CO2 System won't be enough for that size tank straight out of the box, unless you are using several of them. What are your KH and pH readings?

I will verify my Ph and KH tonight.

The Hagen Co2 system is good for up to 20 gallons, right ?

I was wondering if with the gravel a(about 3-4 inch) and the decor (rocks), the tank would not be 28 gallons anymore but maybe more like 22-23 gallons....

The manufacturer rates Hagen CO2 System as good for up to 20 gallons. Considering that they are aiming for much more conservative CO2 levels than are generally recommended around here, it's really only good for upto about 10 gallons. There are several other variable that will affect how effective it is. How much water turbulance there is and how hard you water is will be important factors. I found that the Hagen CO2 system was insufficient even on my 5 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom