Flowering plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manbot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys just a question is their any plants that I can include in my aquarium that will flower and add to the look of it?
Thanks

Most of the plants kept in aquariums are flowering plants. They usually only flower above water. Some plants like swords, lilys will send up flower stalks, that flower on the surface or above it. Most of the stems we grow actually grow emerged in the wild and will commonly flower.The only plant I have seen flower under water are anubies. I am sure there are others but that is the type I have seen or seen pictures of.

I have lillies their growing fast and I have heaps of floating leaves but no flowers do I need to do something to make it flower? And so I should let my plants grow above water?

It takes a special setup to have plants grow emerged and in most cases the leaves below the water light get spotty at best. As for the lilies I do not know, I have never grown any.

The lillies grow a leaf a day and all of them are flowing tho I get no leaves-?

Attachments

• image-2434540591.jpg
    image-2434540591.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 79
  • image-762248757.jpg
    image-762248757.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 78
I was speaking of stems etc. that is normal lily growth, give it some time it looks like it is doing well.

No I know I just ment how do I make them flower? Thank u all for ur posts

Back
Top Bottom