Glosso Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nexstar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just planted a ton of glosso in my tank/
Although the supply I rec'd was in good shape you can tell it was not in sufficient light to cause it to grow low but rather up. I intend to leave this in the tank for a couple of weeks to get situated and stabize and then give it a heavy hair cut. I assume if I cut it back after it establishes to ground level new leaves will grow out and it lighting is sufficinetly high enough grow horizontal.
Is this correct?
Thanks
Bob

It could well be that the glosso was grown emersed instead of submersed.

You don't want to cut of the leaves that it needs to photosynthesize, but you also don't want the leaves growing on top to shade the ones on the bottom and kill them off. Once you see growth in the lower area where you desire it then go ahead and trim.

When I got my glosso it was also tall but if you looked close enough you could see little roots at the bottom of each pair of leafs. I will carefully pull apart each long strand and make a cut on each side of the pair of leafs.

Some of the roots were so small it was hard to see but when I planed I make sure to push it down with a pair of tweezers deep into the eco-complete, release it, then go back and gently pull it up so the leafs were showing.

I did end up throwing away a bunch of the glosso because they either didn't have roots showing or were damaged but if you check out my pics you can see that it call worked out pretty good :)

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom