green myriophyllum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beglely

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey got a quick question on how to spread this plant. I got a bunch about a week and a half ago and Im just curious how to spread this plant out. The batch I got had some rotten stems on it but on the tips ive now got several bright green new shoots growing off. When would be the best time to cut these and replant them?

i would wait till theyre about 3-4 inches. i've had a ton of problems with rotten stems with these plants.

yeah the ones I bought had a lot of rotting in the middle that I didnt see when i got them, but ive got enough new sprouts (over a dozen already in a week) that I will be able to replace them with.

any idea how to replant this stuff? Im trying to find the reason behind the rot at the bottom of the stems i have right now

what do you have for substrate?
i just cut off the dead stuff with a pair of sharp scissors and stick it back down. does someone have a better method?

Im using pfs right now and the above method u described is what I did before. I was just wondering if this was the wrong way or if there is a better way to avoid it

can't really help ya there. i just kept doing it untill it worked. it took a few months but came around

when i bought them not even knowing what they were i also had to throw out the half of the plant because they were rotting
i just cut the rotting parts of the plant and replanted
i have playsand and i have sucessfully planted a stem only about 2 inches and now they are 8-10 inches in about a month
i just cut and replant when they get too long and now i have a forrest of myriophyllum
i think the DIY CO2 injection and fertilizers (both tabs and liquid) helped a lot with the growth...now only if i can get a better lighting...i am currently in the process of dosing flourish excel in conjuction with CO2

Back
Top Bottom