green water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
its just one thing after another :(

so I have a relativly heavily planted tanks... that has a carpet of about 1/3 java moss and the other 2/3 some "grass"

well i did a blackout to get rid of some algee and now everything was good. a few days later teh water was cloudy... so I put it on a white container and it has agreen tint :(

what to do

what i do when i have greenish water is have a blackout in ur room/ where your tanks are. turn all lights off have no source of light . close the shades. everything you can to limit the growth of algae in the water

probably the **** co2 again... I really should just get the pressurized setup just too cheep lol.
A UV steriliser/clarifier or diatom filter will clear it up very quickly and is often the only way to clear it.
what is this tho... sounds interesting...

I admit it... I peaked after 48-60 hours... and the water looks the same after having the blanket on it... should I hjust wait another 2-3 days?

have you been feeding the fish?
i dont think i would do it more than 4 days max

Did you do a large water change after finishing your blackout? This is necessary to removed the dead organics which can lead to an Ammonia spike which often causes Green Water.

rats :( dod 50% before, not after :( I let it go for 4 days, feed fush lef tlight on for less htna 20 minutes... and blacked out for 3 more days. No luck still green :( I am going on vacation for 11 days startingthursday morning... what do i do?
I fed them only on the 4th day.

UV filter from Petsmart $50 and done!
only problem was I had no powerhead or canister filter so I went this route :D

lg-35951-46879-fish-supply.jpg

Back
Top Bottom