Green stain on bench

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snooooziee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Iv got a fresh water tank.

I had to move last year and lots of my fish had died prior, because my autistic son put a whole container of food into the tank.

So I downsized to a smaller tank with what I have left.

Few tetras and two catfish.

But now we have to move again. So I re homed the fish and when I moved my tank I had a green/yellow stain on the bench.

Iv tried scrubbing it with everyone I have in the cleaning cupboard but nothing will rid it.

If anyone has some advice it would be much appreciated

TIA kind regards
Susie ??

Attachments

• IMG_1949.jpg
    IMG_1949.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1948.jpg
    IMG_1948.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 20
I haven't found too many stains that straight bleach can't clean. Try a 50/50 mix of bleach and water or increase bleach if this is too weak. Take a sponge you are willing to throw away and dip in the bleach then let it sit on the stain for a few minutes. Just wear gloves when you use it to protect your hands. (y)

I was going to suggest bleach. Pour some on the area and go outside for an hour then come back in and wipe it up. Alternatively, straight washing up liquid and let it soak for 10-15 minutes.

Make sure there is plenty of fresh air when using bleach.

Wear safety glasses and rubber gloves whenever handling bleach.

A plastic apron (or even a material one) can protect your clothes from bleach splashing onto them. You won't notice the bleach splatter until after you wash your clothes and then they have little dots of colour.
eg: my blue clothes get pink dots from the bleach splashing onto them.

Back
Top Bottom