Hagen Plant Gro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr86mister

Aquarium Advice FINatic
how often should i add Hagen Plant Gro to my aquarium, i've searched their link and on the bottle and i cant find how often i should add it, but just how much to add

should i add it daily or every water change?

it doesnt say either...but on it, it says...

Aquatic Plant Fertilizer
0.15-0-0

does this mean anything?

there is, Nitrogen 15%, Boron .0005%, Copper .0005%, Iron .26%, Manganese .05%, Molybdenum .0007%, and Zinc .003%

thats all i know :?

On my little sample botle I got it says one capful per 20 gallons 1-2 times a week. But you can alter that to whatever your needs are.

It looks like a NO3+trace mineral supplement.. your NO3 ppm you should be shooting for depends on how fast your plants uptake it but the goal is to have somewhere between 10-15ppm NO3.. the other ingredients are trace nutrients and need not be measured, just dont add another fert. with trace while your using this product to dose your NO3.

You should be aware that the 0.15-0-0 is your N-P-K rating, the ratio of nitrogen to phosphorus to potassium. These are the main macro nutrients (other than carbon). Most folks who are very into fertilization (with high-powered lighting and co2 injection) end up dosing all of these nutrients in some way, shape, or form.

The Krib has quite alot of info on ferts: http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/

HTH!

No problem :p As noted my workfortheman.. PO4 and K are also dosed and Fe is a micro nutrient that was absent from your product..
PO4 is dosed dependent on your NO3 level.. somewhere between these ratios NO3:PO4, 23:1-10:1 so if you dose your NO3 to 10ppm you would want your PO4 to max 1ppm..
K is not measured and overdosing it is not normally problematic unless you have very soft water ie. a abnormally low KH.. (overdosing K will consume some KH)
and Iron can be dosed separately as well these products normally have dosing instructions...too much iron is known to be helpful in algae problems.. too little can leave some deficiency symptoms..
And carbon is of course either the Flourish-Excel product or CO2.. good CO2 levels are debateable.. I like 20ppm as a target number.. but 15-30ppm is one of the wider ranges Ive read about.

Back
Top Bottom