Eheim 2250 Classic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orca2013

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got used Eheim 2250 Classic for 350 euros. Is it to much?
I cant find specificatons for this filter, anyone have it?
How often do i have to clean it?

Eheim don't make that model any more.

Its roughly the equivalent to a fluval fx4 or eheim pro3 2080, so if it where new the price would be about right, but its a discontinued model so i would say €350 is a bit pricey considering you can get a current model equivalent for about the same money. Or you could look at it that you found a great filter when there arent many of that model around any more. You havent been ripped off though, as long as its operational, has been well maintained and had parts replaced to a reasonable schedule. If it came filled with filter media, id say you got a great deal. It looks like you can still get spare parts fairly easily, so thats good.

If you contact eheim i bet they could email you the manual, but its rated for 265 gallons i think and i would trust eheim to be honest about their rating more than say fluval.

How often to undertake maintenance is situational. I like to give the media a bit of a rinse monthly on a canister, but usually actually get round to it every 2 or 3 months. Really depends on how much detritus it is pulling in, and how quickly the sponges get clogged up.

Last edited:
I got used Eheim 2250 Classic for 350 euros. Is it to much?
I cant find specificatons for this filter, anyone have it?
How often do i have to clean it?

Here's the manuel: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1670077/Eheim-2250.html

As for how often to clean it, that's all going to depend on what you have in the tank. For example: A tank full of neon tetras will not need filter cleaning as often as a tank full of Oscars. :whistle: I suggest you start with checking the filter once a month and see if that is too long for your system and adjust accordingly. ( Obviously if you see a reduction in water flow, clean the filter immediately. ) BTW, there is no up side to keeping the detritus in the filter so the more often you clean the filter, the better your system will run. Just make sure you are just rinsing off the filter pad(s) to not disturb the biological filter in them. (y)

Meh.. I miscalculated price. I gaved my used eheim 2117 and 150 euros for eheim 2050. So I payed it something like 250 euros wich is a fine price I belive.
As for fish, I got 70 Ember tetras in 240L aquarium. Can I add some more fish?

Tnx all of you.

Meh.. I miscalculated price. I gaved my used eheim 2117 and 150 euros for eheim 2050. So I payed it something like 250 euros wich is a fine price I belive.
As for fish, I got 70 Ember tetras in 240L aquarium. Can I add some more fish?

Tnx all of you.

With that many Tetras in the school, I would only add some bottom fish like Cories, Plecos, loricaria, etc. (y)

Back
Top Bottom