help identifying plants...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any plant experts that can help me with this.....
I just got these plants recently and would like to research more about them....what kind of light they need, etc., as the lfs person picked them out for me....I didn't think to ask any questions about them, since I was more into learning the whole cycling thing....anyway....do any of you know the names of these plants and anything about them?

Last edited:
The one on the right looks like hornwort to me. I have no Idea what the other one is, maybe somekind of crypt spirals someone else correct me if I am wrong which is very possible.

Right is cabomba - does the one on the left grow out of a bulb? It almost looks like some kind of crinum, maybe called an onion plant at the store?

The one on the right does not grow from a bulb. It has pretty long roots right now (about 4-5" in some areas).

I think the one on the right is cabomba caroliana. Cabomba furcata i think is more red. I could be wrong. I would have to agree with ingg for the one on the left. Ive seen plants like that at the lfs labeled as onion or dwarf onion plants. ill keep looking

i second neilanh. vallis on the left and cabomba on the right.

Back
Top Bottom