help me plant my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, a black would help hide those wires and the equipment would blend in. Trying to picture it, can't you buy some sort of plastic film you can put on the back that is easily removable? So if I don't like the appearance I can just remove it. Or maybe one of those misty white backgrounds that are a little see through I always see that might look nice too.image.jpg like the background on this aquarium.

Hmm, a black would help hide those wires and the equipment would blend in. Trying to picture it, can't you buy some sort of plastic film you can put on the back that is easily removable? So if I don't like the appearance I can just remove it. Or maybe one of those misty white backgrounds that are a little see through I always see that might look nice too. like the background on this aquarium.

Yeah, those films work, but I don't like cutting them to size or trying to attach them. Would be good to use them if your not sure of a color, tough. The cool thing about Barack is that it goes very unnoticed. This is mine with a black BG.

Attachments

• image-1026421228.jpg
    image-1026421228.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 49
Nice tank! The black looks pretty slick and its not to over wheeling cause there's so many plants too, helps make them pop a bit more. Might help me notice my puffers to against a darker background since they will blend in with the green plants ill beable to spot movement easy on that black background. Seen the cutest little puffer at my LFS today he or she came right up to the front of the tank when I was looking in just staring at me aha, hopefully the same ones there when I'm ready for them.

So you dose what they would need for a week rather then each day? Cause didn't in the guide say you wanna do just what they need daily? If I were putting it in my 8 gallon should I round it down like you do to 5 or just try and get exactly what it needs for 8? Or would even up to 10 be okay.

Got some water sprite today my LFS had some random bits floating round so it wasnt considered a bunch, got like 4-5 clippings for 2 dollars. :D

Yes in the small tanks I do it weekly since the ferts are still there daily to use. If you want to break down the daily dose you can dose daily. Do what you feel comfortable doing. I've been at this a long time so feel comfortable dosing both way.

When a tank is an odd number like 8 I usually round it up or down. I usually round down. But again if your a math wiz you can figure out a daily dosing on odd gallon numbers also. At my age math give me a headache.... lol!

Yes in the small tanks I do it weekly since the ferts are still there daily to use. If you want to break down the daily dose you can dose daily. Do what you feel comfortable doing. I've been at this a long time so feel comfortable dosing both way.

When a tank is an odd number like 8 I usually round it up or down. I usually round down. But again if your a math wiz you can figure out a daily dosing on odd gallon numbers also. At my age math give me a headache.... lol!
Ahaha, ill probably end up rounding it down as well just to simplify things at first. Thanks again for everything! You've been a great help, much appreciated.:)

Back
Top Bottom