Hornwort Disintegrating Revisited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry Little

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello Friends -- Well, the saga continues. I have hornwort anchored in my 60 gallon tank that is growing like crazy. I took cuttings to place into a refurbished tank, using plant weights to anchor them. I haven't checked the chemistry, but the pH and temperature parameters are similar to my 60. Lighting is a 2-bulb t8 fixture with 6500K bulbs about 3" above the water surface. The top of the tank is open for the moment. The hornwort disintegrated within two days. I did a partial (50%ish) water change and placed more cuttings, this time floating, on the surface of the tank. Those cuttings disintegrated as well. I also have some small Cryptocoryne wendtii that are struggling as well as a start of Java moss and two moss balls. The moss and the moss balls are hanging in pretty well. Yesterday I did a complete water change. There is no livestock in the tank as yet. I should probably mention that this tank has an under-gravel filter due to the surface dimensions of 6" x 48". At this point, I don't know what else I can do....

If any of you have any suggestions, I'm open to trying almost anything as long as it fits within my senior citizen budget. Thanks for any help.

p.s. I posted another thread about this on 04/04.

Hornwort doesn't like me, I can barely get it to grow only usually floating. I think it might not like too warm water or water with love pH, only things I can think of. (my water)

What is your water pH/GH, temp, TDS if you know it?

Light seems okay. How long is it being left on?

Maybe some plant fert dosed as directed.

Back
Top Bottom