How do I get started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emma_Spears

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I always just used fake plants because they were easier but now I want live plants and want to know any good starter types to get and where to get them.

You can get them at petsmart, Petco, online websites or you can purchase them from people on this website. Check out the classified section. Here are a few beginner plants to try.

Java fern
Anubias
Hornwort
Java moss(most moss actually)
Bacopa Caroliniana

Also checking into a group available online for your area, and especially the Aquarium Societies.

https://www.aqueon.com/societies

They are great because they usually have monthly meetings in areas and lots of people who can share information, as well as plants and tank raised fish. Ours as do many others have auctions and mini auctions after each meeting with tons of bags of members excess plants.

here is the FW article section. Info for many things like fertilization, DW, CO2
Articles - Aquarium Advice

The article link in my signature has a bunch of good information overall in fish keeping.

here are a couple links too geared towards getting started.
Planted Tank Basics - Aquarium Advice
So You Want a Planted Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

You can get them at petsmart, Petco, online websites or you can purchase them from people on this website. Check out the classified section. Here are a few beginner plants to try.

Java fern
Anubias
Hornwort
Java moss(most moss actually)
Bacopa Caroliniana

Thx[emoji16]

Also checking into a group available online for your area, and especially the Aquarium Societies.

https://www.aqueon.com/societies

They are great because they usually have monthly meetings in areas and lots of people who can share information, as well as plants and tank raised fish. Ours as do many others have auctions and mini auctions after each meeting with tons of bags of members excess plants.

here is the FW article section. Info for many things like fertilization, DW, CO2
Articles - Aquarium Advice

The article link in my signature has a bunch of good information overall in fish keeping.

here are a couple links too geared towards getting started.
Planted Tank Basics - Aquarium Advice
So You Want a Planted Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Tysm!! This helps me a lot

Back
Top Bottom