how to bunch, bunched plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wishbone

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been using the metal retainer that comes with most bunched plants (anacharis in this case) and I'm having problems keeping them together and anchored down. I can't tell exactly what is happening but the anacharis seems to escape somehow from the metal weight and float to the surface. This happens every three days or so (for at least a month now). Does this happen to anyone else? What do you recommend for keeping this stuff anchored down?

You should remove the lead weight from the plants, take the bunch of sterns near the bottom, and push 'em into the gravel, remove hand that is holding the bunch, and toss some more gravel to the spot where you just profesionally planted your bunch of plants.
HTH!

Toirtis said:
If the substrate doesn't seem enough to hold your plants, your substrate may be too shallow.

yeah I think this is the problem. Too shallow and too large..

Also, the lead (zinc) weights tend to damage the stem to the point of making them rot, which would contribute to the problem. You need 2" at the very least of a relatively small substrate, though for this plant it can handle being floated so you just need enough to keep it anchored.

Back
Top Bottom