I don't have any plants in my tank yet...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniper187

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
But I am very interested in getting some.

Any recommendations on which ones would be best for a beginner like me?

P.S. I don't wana spend a lot of money on them. Times are tough right now lol

Do you know what lighting you have?

Mine is only 15w so I need low light plants.

Do u have gravel or sand? Some plants prefer to be attached to driftwood.
Do u have any loaches? They like to uproot plants.

My toddlers tank said:
Do you know what lighting you have?

Mine is only 15w so I need low light plants.

Do u have gravel or sand? Some plants prefer to be attached to driftwood.
Do u have any loaches? They like to uproot plants.

I do have lighting, 20 w
I have gravel. No driftwood
No loaches

"If your lighting is a typical T8 fluorescent tube it should be fine for some low light plants. Look for some Anubias, Java Fern, Wisteria, Lemon Bacopa, Bleheri Sword, and Crypts. Those will all do well under very low light. You will need good root tab fertilizers for Swords and Crypts though. I have a fully planted 75 gallon with only one T8 tube over it and those plants grow like mad even though it is considered ultra low lighting. Many people tend to way over light their tanks which can lead to problems. Try with what you have first before you drop the cash on a new fixture. Hit Walmart for a 5$ timer to plug your light into and set it for 8-10 hours a day, save you having to manually turn it on and off. "

This was the advice given to me by another member I am going to try the wisteria and the lemon bacopa, nether needs to be attached definitely use the root tabs with gravel that was also recommend to me more than once.

Good Luck

My toddlers tank said:
"If your lighting is a typical T8 fluorescent tube it should be fine for some low light plants. Look for some Anubias, Java Fern, Wisteria, Lemon Bacopa, Bleheri Sword, and Crypts. Those will all do well under very low light. You will need good root tab fertilizers for Swords and Crypts though. I have a fully planted 75 gallon with only one T8 tube over it and those plants grow like mad even though it is considered ultra low lighting. Many people tend to way over light their tanks which can lead to problems. Try with what you have first before you drop the cash on a new fixture. Hit Walmart for a 5$ timer to plug your light into and set it for 8-10 hours a day, save you having to manually turn it on and off. "

This was the advice given to me by another member I am going to try the wisteria and the lemon bacopa, nether needs to be attached definitely use the root tabs with gravel that was also recommend to me more than once.

Good Luck

What are root tabs?

Back
Top Bottom