Ich in my planted tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobyshark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please help! I've read so many forums and now I'm so confused. Some say heat and salt, some say heat no salt, some say just heat or just salt. Some say water changes and gravel vac, I have a dirted tank and don't want to disturb the substrate. Would kordon all natural ich meds be ok? I feel the heat will damage my plants... Salt is no good for my oto's and Cory's. idk what to do.... Highly confused.

I have a planted tank and I am on my second week of treatment. I am using
Paraguard by Seachem. I have a BIG shoal of cories. I also raised the temp and well to 85 degrees. Dose according to the bottle. I would pull your java moss and light colored plants. I pulled pennywort and JAva moss because I heard it can turn them blue. But I doubt it now that I am using it. You have to treat once a day, and do your weekly 50% water change. I also have fry in this tank and they seem fine. If you have cories, start off with half dose. then wait a 3-4 hours then dose second half. Do this for 2 day to get them used to it, then on the third day dose all at once in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom