Is lucky bamboo really ok? Any tips or tricks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiedyn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the proper way to have lucky bamboo in my tank. I want it fully submerged. I have read that can lead to water quality issues down the road... I have freshwater 3 Gal... PLEASE HELP!

Its not a aquatic plant, so it cant be fully submerged. The only way is to have part of it sticking out of the top

And if I do submerge... I don't care if the plant keeps dying every few months, I have like 20. My only concern is fish safety, water quality, etc... Any idea about the adverse effects on the tank?

tiedyn said:
And if I do submerge... I don't care if the plant keeps dying every few months, I have like 20. My only concern is fish safety, water quality, etc... Any idea about the adverse effects on the tank?

Why not just grow it the way it's meant to be grown so you don't keep killing the plant?

tiedyn said:

If your really want to do that you probably could, and if you take it out before it completley died it might not harm the tank to much, but because its so small it is risky

I think your right, the tank is just too small to risk it... Thank you

Back
Top Bottom