Java moss color?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I see some pics showing java moss a vibrant green which looks great, but other seem to show it a really dull sludgy pond green color.

Is it just the lighting? Or is there something which influences the color? The variety? Ferts?

I ask because if I can get the vibrant color I want it, but not so keen on the sludgy color!!

In guessing it would be a combination of lighting and ferts but mainly lighting.. Mine is that nice bright green, I dose ferts/glut and have high med light.. When I had it under my old t8 it kinda looked crappy and dull.. Even in my fry tank, no ferts, led (still low light) it looks very bright and green..

In guessing it would be a combination of lighting and ferts but mainly lighting.. Mine is that nice bright green, I dose ferts/glut and have high med light.. When I had it under my old t8 it kinda looked crappy and dull.. Even in my fry tank, no ferts, led (still low light) it looks very bright and green..

Ok thanks. I will get some and see!

I think it might depend on the variety too. I got some from a lfs and it's really bright green and stringy. I got some from fishdude and it's dark green and more clumpy and there both in the same tanks.

Back
Top Bottom