Just want your opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so. I haven't been on in a while and just wanted to post what my tank looks like. Here's a before and after of it ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409184610.923744.jpg before ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409184636.824028.jpg now. Alright so what do you think it's about a 2 maybe 3 months difference between the two pictures. Tell me what you would change/ add open chat no ideas will be considered stupid. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That looks really nice.

An idea I think that would work well is to also plant that other corner and try to re position the left side so that you have a nice open ish area in the middle and heavily planted back corners and background.

No matter what you do, what you have right now is very nice. :)

Thanks! I understand what your saying I mean I can't move the Java fern over its touching the glass ( that thing is four years old and like the size of half a basketball ) and the Mellon sword in the back right is fairly new it has just finished its melting process so it will fill up. And a think I will move some of that rotalla in the middle to right. How bout the rock I honestly just didn't know what to put their. I have other rocks ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409186149.788019.jpg would any of these be better. Thanks for you opinion!

Hmm.. well what you can do is place the rocks so you can control the growth of the plants more easily and most of the time a rock looks nice anywhere in a planted tank.. You could get some more crypts on the bottom to fill it and scatter the rocks along the tank.

Once the mellon fills in you it should look pretty awesome. :)

Id go about capping that horrid blue gravel stuff with sand or a natural gravel.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know I got the tank when I was 12 how much would I need like 10 pounds

And I moved it around a little got new plants what you think ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409330511.585939.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409330547.622342.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409330585.269767.jpg

May ask what you are doing to get your plants to look so good with just normal gravel? I'm not having much luck.

May ask what you are doing to get your plants to look so good with just normal gravel? I'm not having much luck.

Normal gravel works fine for plants. Lighting and ferts are the limiting factors. Whats your lighting? Any ferts or co2? By the way OP nice looking tank, Just switch that blue gravel out and it would be perfect! (y)

Oh well I put organic top soil under the gravel and the plants just took off. I use flourish every other week and I have a DIY co2 system hooked up but it hasn't been refilled in like month

Normal gravel works fine for plants. Lighting and ferts are the limiting factors. Whats your lighting? Any ferts or co2? By the way OP nice looking tank, Just switch that blue gravel out and it would be perfect! (y)

Gravel on its own is a pretty useless substrate unless its for a low light tank. No nutrient content at all

That's why I put top soil under it. Lots of nutrients

I have a glo flora light and use flourish weekly so far my only plants are amazon swords.

I have a decent recommendation. Buy some cheap acrylic paint (usually a few bucks) and paint the background ALL BLACK! I think it would bring out your plants, rock, and fish. That's just my opinion. You would have to apply a couple coats to get that SOLID BLACK look.

Personally I think the gravel looks good, no need to switch it unless you want to, and the plants look perfect once the one has grown properly

Sent from my fish phone

Id go about capping that horrid blue gravel stuff with sand or a natural gravel.

I know I got the tank when I was 12 how much would I need like 10 pounds

Haha thats the first thing I did setting up my planted 150, said no colored gravel, blue isn't so bad tho, better than pink or green.

I have a glo flora light and use flourish weekly so far my only plants are amazon swords.

What about Flourish Excel if you are not using CO2?

Yes, but with proper fertilization it can be done. (y) I do agree though eco-complete, aqua soil, or dirt substrates are superiors to gravel but they too run out of nutrients without fertilization.
Yeah I would dum a bag of eco over ur gravel.

Back
Top Bottom