Kinda Stumped, again. Algae issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Druinz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know, and I'm sorry to bring up something like an algae issue. It's supposed to be easy to deal with if you did the research. I did the research, I messed with the tank for a while. I can't figure the algae issue out though.

Okay, some background on the tank:
29G planted tank
Eco Complete Substrate
Injected CO2
2 large obsidian stones (should be inert, kinda like glass)
2 HOB filters, one purely with polyfil for mechanical, and the other with ceramic rings for biological
Extremely light bioload, just 5 ember tetras

Lighting:
20" Planted + 24/7
2 24" LED T5 tubes, 10w each (6000k)

Originally I had been doing EI dosing every day with a waterchange on the weekend but after also having tons of filamentous algae I was told that the dosing was not necessary.
I stopped the dosing and haven't been dosing for a while, several months.
I still get the filamentous algae and now a lot of green surface algae all over the glass and rocks.
I'm also getting miniscule amounts of BBA from the parts of the HOBs where water comes back, and I'm terrified of that spreading so I've been removing it during waterchanges.

Lighting schedule is about 6.5 hours..

I'm at a loss. I've been reading everywhere and I get mixed information which just throws me off. At one point I thought about adding a ton more ceramic for more BB which I read might help address the algae? I've also read to up the CO2 which I have been to the point where I'm worried I'll gas my fish.

This tank has been up since November of 2018, so almost an entire year.

:( I feel like this is such a beginner issue to be dealing with, but please help me out guys
IMG_20191011_181255.jpg

IMG_20191011_181231.jpg

Honestly in pictures it looks better than in person

While I’m far from a high tech planted tank expert , that seems like a lot of light. You may be best choosing one or the other

Back
Top Bottom