LED light ID and Usage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kasael

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I was gifted some LED strips from a relative, but I honestly am not sure what they are or how to place them.

yWS1oLZ.jpg

4gSr1bl.jpg

Each strip is 12" long. There are no controls - plug them in, that's it.

The label on the side gives the following information:
Panorama LED Module
Model #8203
Ecoxotic

They seem to be a discontinued model of Ecoxotic light strip, but even after a lot of googling, I still have been unable to find any listings online that might give information as to how much light they give off or exact color temperature. All I know is they're... bright?

I'm planning on setting up a 20 gallon (~13" water depth, once substrate is accounted for) planted freshwater aquarium. I'm not planning on anything fancy, just hardy newbie plants, no CO2 injection or anything. Low-tech aquarium resources typically don't address hundred-dollar LED lights, so I'm kind of at a loss here.

Does anyone know the specs on these lights? Are they any good for a planted tank? (The previous setup they were used with failed miserably, but there were so many other issues with that tank that I can hardly blame the lights.) And if so, how should I place them...?

Thanks for reading~

Sorry, can't help with the specs.
Would it be possible to mount them into an old 30" fluorescent hood?

Back
Top Bottom