lightbulbs for my 20 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldfishNewbie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well I have a 20 gallon incandescent tank and it takes screw-in bulbs. Im tired of the ugly yellow ones, and want to start planting soon.
I just bought the "blueplanet daylight light... it says light output 800, energy used 13 watts, and its 60 watts, but just uses 13... Blue Planet 13W T3 Daylight Medium Base CFL Bulb | Canadian Tire
and I put it in but DANG its bright... I just noticed the site says T3... should I get a different set? I know its probably all wrong, but I couldnt find any tubular screw in bulbs that werent yellow :S any other suggestions would be great

awesome! Thanks :D Its so pretty, but such a difference from the old one... so what would you recommend for my 50 gal, its a 48 inch tube light, now its so much darker than the other :p also, is it safe, since it said keep it away from moisture and water... but its got glass, and teh cover around it so it shouldnt get wet, im just scared lol

I have no idea what the last part of your post is asking.

For a 50g, non planted? I like 10,000k bulbs because they're a nice crisp bright white... will still work fine if it is planted, that's what I used primarily on my planted tanks until I got some higher quality bulbs (geissmans)

k well the lightbulbs I bought aren't made for aquariums, and it says not to put near moisture or water... should it still be ok since the bulbs will be completely safe from the water/moisture, but still near it?

so I just checked the bulbs, and theyre SO HOT, they got the metal casing around the cover super hot too... will it be ok, or do I need to get a different kind... sorry for all the questions!

Back
Top Bottom