Lights, CO2 and fertiliser advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rkilling1 said:
Typically, people purchase:

Plantex CSM+B
Potassium Nitrate KN03
Monopotassium Phosphate KH2PO4
Potassium Sulfate K2S04

These are the ferts for EI and I believe PPS-pro as well. (PPS-pro also uses Epsom salt, MgSO4)

There are many alternatives to the listed ferts, but those are the typical ones used in the US.

Ok separately this site only has KH2PO4 and KN03, can't find the other two you mentioned. However I have just come across an EI starter kit here
http://www.aquariumplantfood.co.uk/fertilisers/ei-starter-kit.html
Would this be a ok to start with?

Ok separately this site only has KH2PO4 and KN03, can't find the other two you mentioned. However I have just come across an EI starter kit here
Ei Starter Kit - Fertilisers
Would this be a ok to start with?

I don't really use the K2S04 as the amount of KNO3 I add has enough K+ for my plants.

The Plantex is just a micro fert with added boron. You just need to figure out what micro fert is available over there and you will be set.

EDIT: The link you posted should be just fine. I just wonder what is in their Trace mix.

If you are running CO2, I would also purchase some of their 4 dKH solution.

Those ferts are all you need.

Here is their trace mix:
Fe 8.2%
Mn 1.82%
Zn 1.16%
B 1.05%
Cu 0.23%
Mo 0.15%

That is pretty close to what is in CSM+B.

That website is really nice. The down-loadable articles should help many people.

rkilling1 said:
I don't really use the K2S04 as the amount of KNO3 I add has enough K+ for my plants.

The Plantex is just a micro fert with added boron. You just need to figure out what micro fert is available over there and you will be set.

EDIT: The link you posted should be just fine. I just wonder what is in their Trace mix.

If you are running CO2, I would also purchase some of their 4 dKH solution.

Thanks for your help :) there's also an EI starter kit plus, but only difference I can see is something called EasyCarbo (have no idea what that is as I'm not reading in depth ATM. I'm being frowned at by hospital staff for using my phone :s oops) and its almost twice the price so think I'll just get the normal starter. Will defo be getting some of the dKH solution too and looking up CO2 systems tonight which that website also sells i believe. Hopefully I'll be able to do some proper reading tomorrow so I'll understand all this CO2 and fertiliser stuff a little better. Thanks for all your help so far I'd be totally lost without it!

Back
Top Bottom