Live Plant Bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matty-0

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently bought "Live Plant Bulbs" by TOPFIN from Petsmart because I thought they would be interesting to watch grow. There is one water lily bulb, 1 water onion bulb, and one aponogeton bulb. It's not clear to me for each one which side the plant sprouts from :confused: All it says on the directions is to bury it 3/4 under the substrate...but what if I bury it on the wrong side? Will it die? I buried them last night and all but one came out and floated to the top but now all but one have sunk. There is still one bulb floating on the top. For some of them I think I can see which side has roots so I buried those. I don't know if I am approaching this correctly so if anyone has knowledge on this subject that would be awesome! :thanks:

I got those. The only one that grew for me was the onion, just plat it right up like an onion looks like.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I recently bought "Live Plant Bulbs" by TOPFIN from Petsmart because I thought they would be interesting to watch grow. There is one water lily bulb, 1 water onion bulb, and one aponogeton bulb. It's not clear to me for each one which side the plant sprouts from :confused: All it says on the directions is to bury it 3/4 under the substrate...but what if I bury it on the wrong side? Will it die? I buried them last night and all but one came out and floated to the top but now all but one have sunk. There is still one bulb floating on the top. For some of them I think I can see which side has roots so I buried those. I don't know if I am approaching this correctly so if anyone has knowledge on this subject that would be awesome! :thanks:

The bulbs should sink to the bottom. Once they do, they will root themselves into the substrate. I would be careful with the Water Lilly because they are very aggressive and will take over.

Back
Top Bottom