live plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Correct me if I'm wrong but what I think you mean to say is "How do I do a "gravel vac" in a planted tank?

If so, then the usual procedure would be to give a good deep vac to areas where you have no plants or plant roots, but where you do have roots or plants themselves, you only very gently disturb the top layer of gravel so as to not uproot your plants.

Hopefully this helps :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but what I think you mean to say is "How do I do a "gravel vac" in a planted tank?

If so, then the usual procedure would be to give a good deep vac to areas where you have no plants or plant roots, but where you do have roots or plants themselves, you only very gently disturb the top layer of gravel so as to not uproot your plants.

Hopefully this helps :)

I second this suggestion, only I wouldn't deep vac at any location (precious nutrients are found in the mulm). I usually skim the surface and only when needed (or I can get to it).

Actually yeah on second thought a frequent surface clean is probably sufficient, don't want to go depriving the roots of ANY available nutrients or disturbing any beneficial bacteria in the substrate.

Back
Top Bottom