Ludwigia growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stinnettjosh

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this normal ludwigia growth or is it deficient in something? All the leaves are growing bunched up but the plant isnt getting any taller...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411933534.114439.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like they've got lots of light, I'd trim the top and replant, that stuff grows like a weed for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok cool how high up would i trim? Heres the whole thing.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411935542.286796.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Take the stem just above where the small new leaves are starting on the stem.

Ok. So theres not any like deficiencies or anything? Cause its growing sorta short.

I can't see any deficiency. Most Ludwigia has some strange growth patterns. I have some that shoots to the top of the tank in just a few days, and others that bush out.

Ok thanks. Ill trim it and see what happens.

Is this a pretty new plant? Looks like the bottom half is older growth from a different tank, and the upper part is more recent growth.

Yea it is. Its been in my tank about a month and a half now but i havent trimmed it at all yet.

That's why I dislike L Repens. It's very hard to grow it looking good.

Mine grows super fast, but has leaves that look torn and bent at the edges. It must be a deficiency but I don't know what.

Yours is just growing fast it seems.

Got it trimmed so hopefully both pieces grow pretty quickly. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412023550.457522.jpg

Back
Top Bottom