Manzanita-driftwood.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update: Great communication with the guy, dw shipped today! Can't wait to get it.

Update: Great communication with the guy, dw shipped today! Can't wait to get it.

That's great news Reygan, I'm very happy for you and I'm sure you're very excited to receive it soon. Hopefully they will be what you expected if not better! I look forward to seeing pics of them in your tank! :)

That's sweet that your dw shipped. You'll have to post pictures of before and after. I've always thought a glass wide mouth bottle would look good as a decoration but my tank is too small for dw and big decorations.

That's sweet that your dw shipped. You'll have to post pictures of before and after. I've always thought a glass wide mouth bottle would look good as a decoration but my tank is too small for dw and big decorations.

Will do! I have a solution for ya....get a bigger tank! ;)

That's great news Reygan, I'm very happy for you and I'm sure you're very excited to receive it soon. Hopefully they will be what you expected if not better! I look forward to seeing pics of them in your tank! :)

Thanks Paul. They haven't arrived yet, hopefully this evening or tomorrow. Got me some nice Christmas moss to decorate it with thanks to junglefowl :brows:

Got my driftwood from there and love them. Depending on sizes, they can be light even after soaking. I used plastic zip ties and plastic pot bottoms to help keep couple in place.

Got my driftwood from there and love them. Depending on sizes, they can be light even after soaking. I used plastic zip ties and plastic pot bottoms to help keep couple in place.[/QUOTE/]

The pieces I'm getting for the 15g will be small. Thanks for the tip! Hopefully they will eventually sink though.

The dw arrived today and I couldn't be happier. It is gorgeous!! I also picked up my first pair of GBR's and I'm in love. So far so good. They've acclimated well. I didn't realize just how beautiful these fish are.

The dw arrived today and I couldn't be happier. It is gorgeous!! I also picked up my first pair of GBR's and I'm in love. So far so good. They've acclimated well. I didn't realize just how beautiful these fish are.

Good stuff on the DW!

I've had mine in there for a little while now and the diatoms and the white fuzzy stuff are all over them. Hoping I can just wait it out and it'll go away on it's own before I have to take any sort of chemical action.

Good stuff on the DW!

I've had mine in there for a little while now and the diatoms and the white fuzzy stuff are all over them. Hoping I can just wait it out and it'll go away on it's own before I have to take any sort of chemical action.

Thanks! I don't know for sure but I think I'm dealing with diatoms in the 40b. Either that or some sort of brown algae. This tank has been up since Oct, maybe too long to be dealing with diatoms? I know my nitrates have been very low to undetectable in this tank for a few weeks. I started dosing KN03 and the levels are coming up. Maybe whatever it is will clear up. What's your white fuzzy stuff?

Thanks! I don't know for sure but I think I'm dealing with diatoms in the 40b. Either that or some sort of brown algae. This tank has been up since Oct, maybe too long to be dealing with diatoms? I know my nitrates have been very low to undetectable in this tank for a few weeks. I started dosing KN03 and the levels are coming up. Maybe whatever it is will clear up. What's your white fuzzy stuff?

I'm thinking it's diatoms because my tank has just recently been set up. The white fuzzy stuff I'm referring to looks like this:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t59/Clonetrooper911/ADA%20Mini%20M%20Tank/IMG_8289.jpg

However, it's not nearly as bad as that. Yet....

Oh yeah! I remember having that on a piece of dw a while back. It went away. I'm soaking my pieces now. I hope they sink.

I soaked mine in a tub for a couple days. They didn't sink and had to be weighed down. Not sure if yours would be different. The stopper on the tub didn't function correctly and would drain within a couple hours. So I had to keep refilling. Even with that, the wood doesn't seem to be leeching many tannins at all into the water.

However I'm not having that problem in my tank as I used stainless steel screws and attached them to a piece of slate so they aren't going anywhere lol.

I hope the diatoms (or brown algae) and the white fuzzy stuff go away soon. I should be receiving my plant package today from bobstropicalplants.com.

I soaked mine in a tub for a couple days. They didn't sink and had to be weighed down. Not sure if yours would be different. The stopper on the tub didn't function correctly and would drain within a couple hours. So I had to keep refilling. Even with that, the wood doesn't seem to be leeching many tannins at all into the water.

However I'm not having that problem in my tank as I used stainless steel screws and attached them to a piece of slate so they aren't going anywhere lol.

I hope the diatoms (or brown algae) and the white fuzzy stuff go away soon. I should be receiving my plant package today from bobstropicalplants.com.

Im not too concerned with tannins. So did you get your plants? What kinds did you order?

Im not too concerned with tannins. So did you get your plants? What kinds did you order?

Currently I have:

Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis (not sure how well it'll grow in my setup though)
Anubias Nana
Amazon Sword
Crypt Tropica
Jungle Val (Should be sitting on my doorstep as I'm typing this)
Fissidens Fontanus (Ordered from Aquabid, not sure if shipped yet)
Barclaya Longifolia aka Water Lily (Currently in bulb form)

I'll probably need to add some mid-ground plants but I haven't decided on which ones yet.

Currently I have:

Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis (not sure how well it'll grow in my setup though)
Anubias Nana
Amazon Sword
Crypt Tropica
Jungle Val (Should be sitting on my doorstep as I'm typing this)
Fissidens Fontanus (Ordered from Aquabid, not sure if shipped yet)
Barclaya Longifolia aka Water Lily (Currently in bulb form)

I'll probably need to add some mid-ground plants but I haven't decided on which ones yet.

Nice! Hope you'll post pics when you get them arranged. I'd like to check out the water lilies when they grow out. I have good growth, my problem is that I need color. Hard to get in a low light setup I think.

Nice! Hope you'll post pics when you get them arranged. I'd like to check out the water lilies when they grow out. I have good growth, my problem is that I need color. Hard to get in a low light setup I think.

Actually, I just discovered Ludwigia Sp. - Ludwigia Sp. "Rubin"

So far my bulbs haven't done anything and one of them appears to have some white mold growing on it. I've been hesitant to take a picture of the tank so far because I have a healthy colony of diatoms blooming. However, I picked up 5 Oto's over the weekend and they're making quick work of the diatoms. So hopefully soon I'll take a picture.

Anyway, so if my bulbs don't take in my tank, I definitely think I'm going to shoot for the Ludwigia Sp. to be my centerpiece plant. Can't believe I never saw it before.

Attachments

• updated15g2.jpg
    updated15g2.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 1,299
Back
Top Bottom