moneywort spreading and light questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alLexX

Aquarium Advice Addict
a couple of the moneywort plants in my 10 have roots coming out of there stems,how do i propagate them?
also,in my 55 i have 2 15 watt t5 aquaglo bulbs,what are some plants i can grow? i already have hornwort,java moss,and anubius.
thanks in advance

Just treat them like any other stem plant. If you make a cut between a stem node, it will branch out two stem from that cut area. And then just top the cut stem.

Just treat them like any other stem plant. If you make a cut between a stem node, it will branch out two stem from that cut area. And then just top the cut stem.
whats a stem node? in case you couldnt tell im new to plants

No worries, we all started somewhere.

When you look at a stem plant, and run up the stem, there will be a little ball every couple of milimetres. That is a node. If you look carefully, between every node, the stem will branch out from either side. Those branches will contain the leaves.

Leave at least 3 -5 nodes prior to trimming though. I would hate to see you kill off your plant by trimming them too short.

Back
Top Bottom