My mini moss wall is finally filling in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philly33

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yay!!!!

Attachments

• image-615042883.jpg
    image-615042883.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 251
Looking great! I like the way that everything fits together in your tank. Beautiful:)

Nice looking tank!! Everything just fits in so perfectly, nice job! Lol yeah, I agree, are there any more details you can provide. I'm going to get fishing line for mine tomorrow:)

yes! haha. basically...it's a SEXY looking tank.

so give us more details so i can attempt to do the same thing by totally ripping your idea off (but failing miserably at it lol!)

Thanks! The mini moss wall consists of 5"x5" panels of door screen (for pets) it has wider openings, fish line and suction cups. I've cut each panel 5"x10" place moss in a 5"x5" section the fold in half. Then stitched it closed with the fishing line. Then poked holes for the suction cups.

Rather than a solid moss wall, it's moveable. My cherry shrimp love it. It's taken 3 months to fill in. Be patient.

I have 3 types of Vals, narrow leaf temple, red wendtti, water sprite, swords, java fern and lace, 3 other types of crypts, 2 types of anubias, moss balls and 2 plants I totally forget their names.

It's a 90gal, the left third of the tank isn't in the photo. I'm going to be adding Telanthera as a background plant.

Miraculously it's a non co2 tank. I only dose 7ml of flourish excel. The growth is minimal but the bright side is I'm not trimming weekly.

Philly33 said:
Thanks! The mini moss wall consists of 5"x5" panels of door screen (for pets) it has wider openings, fish line and suction cups. I've cut each panel 5"x10" place moss in a 5"x5" section the fold in half. Then stitched it closed with the fishing line. Then poked holes for the suction cups.

Rather than a solid moss wall, it's moveable. My cherry shrimp love it. It's taken 3 months to fill in. Be patient.

I have 3 types of Vals, narrow leaf temple, red wendtti, water sprite, swords, java fern and lace, 3 other types of crypts, 2 types of anubias, moss balls and 2 plants I totally forget their names.

It's a 90gal, the left third of the tank isn't in the photo. I'm going to be adding Telanthera as a background plant.

Miraculously it's a non co2 tank. I only dose 7ml of flourish excel. The growth is minimal but the bright side is I'm not trimming weekly.

looks amazing! can't wait to start mine also.

surprised that it's non CO2. very cool. what sort of lighting are you using?

2 54w Giesemann midday
1 54w Giesemann Aquaflora
4hrs on- 4hrs off- 3hrs on. 7hrs total

Philly33 said:
2 54w Giesemann midday
1 54w Giesemann Aquaflora
4hrs on- 4hrs off- 3hrs on. 7hrs total

any particular reason for the way you've tailored your lighting...for algae?

My lights are on from 10-2 then 6-9 then 9-midnight are moon lights. My time to enjoy

Bamboo shrimp working the night shift! Lol

Attachments

• image-3414608235.jpg
    image-3414608235.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom