My planted 29g journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely ecstatic that even after only a few weeks of co2 I have tons of new growth on everything even a lot with my corkscrew Val's which I heard would melt with co2 but they haven't, and out of the 12 crypts I planted I've only had three or four leaves melt.

image-3877562727.jpg

You can see my new babies even the hc is branching out!

Thanks that was wright after I put some more wendtii in so it was cloudy after being disturbed

This is after a little bit cleared up

image-1244407732.jpg

Can you tell me if those red leaved plants are wendtii as well? They where sold to me as green ones but I just got the other ones from a different place and they look completely different
image-788980339.jpg

image-1327696909.jpg

Thanks!

I was worried about how it will all work but I think in a few weeks when everything starts spreading it will look 10x better

Annakhil said:
Please go check it out this is my first high tech tank and I am totally new to the whole co2 stuff

I'd recommend getting a normal regulator with a solenoid, bubble counter and needle valve for your first co2 setup. Amazon sells what most people here have, the Milwalkee regulator. It has become the most used brand around. It's simple and works. I'd hate to hear that a power surge ruined an expensive co2 system. The mechanical ones don't come with that risk and cost less.

CorallineAlgae said:
I'd recommend getting a normal regulator with a solenoid, bubble counter and needle valve for your first co2 setup. Amazon sells what most people here have, the Milwalkee regulator. It has become the most used brand around. It's simple and works. I'd hate to hear that a power surge ruined an expensive co2 system. The mechanical ones don't come with that risk and cost less.

Do you possible have a link cause when I look there are many different kinds and I would like to check out which one your talking about
Please!

Regulator: Amazon.com: Milwaukee Instruments Solenoid Valve, CO2 Regulator with Bubble Counter: Pet Supplies

The best CO2 Tubing: Amazon.com: Red Sea CO2 Tubing, 3 Meters: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Drop checker: http://www.amazon.com/U-P-Aqua-D-51...d=1350174458&sr=1-2&keywords=drop+checker+co2

The controller I use (only optional): Amazon.com: pH and CO2 Controller with Select Set Point: Pet Supplies

Edit: The site you were on has a different Milwaukee pH controller which may be a newer model but I'm not sure. I'd check with the nearest place that refills co2 cylinders to see if they only swap out tanks when they refill of if they just fill the tank you bring in. If they only swap it may be better to get a co2 tank from them because if you get a shiny new one they'll just take it and pass you an old one when you go to refill it.

You could also get an adapter to let you use paintball cylinders if you prefer, but they don't last as long as #5 tanks. The advantage is you can easily keep a spare paintball tank on hand to swap it when the first one goes flat and it's easy to find places to refill them. They also take up less space so if that's an issue for you it's worth considering. Here's a link just in case: http://www.amazon.com/AQUATEK-CO2-Paintball-Tank-Adapter/dp/B004M49QDC/ref=pd_sim_lg_10

You could also get a great kit from ThePlantedTank.net's sell threads. I got my glass drop checker and 4dKH solution there. Somebody may even be selling kits on the seller thread here (but I never check here).

CorallineAlgae said:

So I checked it all out and I now know what I'm buying myself for Xmas!
It is nice to find people on here from the boot, maybe even just to share hurricane stories. Lol

I forgot to add that my friend gave my two angels yesterday, I've finally got 0 ammonia for a few days in a row so I thought it would be fine to add the angels, I really have to say adding seeded sponges and plants in the beginning of a fish in cycle helped out a ton, it only took 6 weeks.
So here re some of the angels and they seem to get along with every one.

Attachments

• image-3226717041.jpg
    image-3226717041.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 74
  • image-331097863.jpg
    image-331097863.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2841831159.jpg
    image-2841831159.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2481687859.jpg
    image-2481687859.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 84
The angels are very small and are usually not a problem when that little. But just so you know as they grow and mature they really are going to need a bigger tank due to their fin size as they appear to be veil angels. They are nice Koi Veils!

Yes they are veiled, I have never had angels and am not sure what size tank would work when they get bigger or how big tey get

Right now my biggest veils are about 8 inches tall easy from the bottom tip to the top tip of their fins. With veils a taller tank is always better than a shallow long one. Mine grew this big in about 15 months and the biggest has a body diameter larger than a silver dollar. You have time for them to grow and I always started my little juvies in smaller tanks so your fine but down the road a 55g would be the best for them IMO. I have 13 veils in my 220g now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom