New 20g long project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustemedia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm finally back! After having to move and sell everything a couple years ago, which was so hard, I finally got a 20g long for a planted tank project. Anyone know if they make lids for these? It is taller in back than in the front. Can't wait to get started.

https://flic.kr/p/RevoSv

RevoSv

I'm finally back! After having to move and sell everything a couple years ago, which was so hard, I finally got a 20g long for a planted tank project. Anyone know if they make lids for these? It is taller in back than in the front. Can't wait to get started.

https://flic.kr/p/RevoSv

RevoSv

Welcome back! :welcome:

I've never seen a tank like that, before. It's as if the raised rear portion is made for plants suspended there aquaponics-style.

I thought about putting some shrimp and/or small fish in later. Would you recommend no lid if I did that? I didn't know how safe they would be against crawling or jumping out.

Welcome back! :welcome:

I've never seen a tank like that, before. It's as if the raised rear portion is made for plants suspended there aquaponics-style.

That would be okay. I thought of that in the future, too. Think the plants would sit on high ledge with roots to grow toward water?

I thought about putting some shrimp and/or small fish in later. Would you recommend no lid if I did that? I didn't know how safe they would be against crawling or jumping out.

Ahh true didn't think of that. I tell you what, acrylic would be best for a lid I recon. Then you can make the shape with it by either heating and bending it or hinge it on the slope so you can just open up the front part to do maintenance.

Ahh true didn't think of that. I tell you what, acrylic would be best for a lid I recon. Then you can make the shape with it by either heating and bending it or hinge it on the slope so you can just open up the front part to do maintenance.

The tank doesn't have a lip for a lid to rest on. How would you work that?

Back
Top Bottom