New 55 Gallon Planted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy91

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey Everyone!

So today is the day I upgrade! If ya'll remember me I have had my 20 gallon for a little over a year now and I have re-done it many many many times. I finally got it up and going perfectly with plants growing with pressurized Co2 and ferts. Then things started taking turns for the better....?

I received my friends bearded dragon that he couldn't take care of any more and he came with a 55 gallon fish tank that he was staying in. A few weeks ago I bought him a new tank that he is happy living in and... well... :whistle: Oh look! A empty 55 gallon fish tank! :D

It has been cleaned out and has a few scratches that I can deal with. I also got myself a free Fluval 404 from my friend that didn't need it anymore due to him breaking the clamp on the side... we wont say his name. :brows: But I bought a clamp online for a few bucks and just have to buy some hosing soon to come. Lucky for me I have a few hang filters laying around that I can start cycling my tank with. Now my record for cycling a tank has been 2 days with seeded material and this very amazing product Special Blend so lets see how fast I can get this one going. :p

So today I'm bringing it in and setting it up! Everything from the 20 gallon is being moved over to the 55 once it's good to go. I have future plans for the 20 gallon... lets just say the fish world has another types of water to explore...

Only things planed in the very near future (about a week or 2) is Lighting and heater. Once set up I will post pics.

Thanks for reading! I just had to share. :)

Thank you :) Later today when I get home I'll post a picture, haven't been able to the past few days. I got the light fixture a few days ago so plants are starting to pick back up and things are looking good. There is still tons of room for plants...

Here is a picture from a day ago.

img_2174332_0_92676521bbdaccf42820943e4ee2b053.jpg

Just as expected, very nice! normally I say add a black background to hide the wires and what not. But with yours the color of it looking threw the picture looks natural and I like. Maybe you can move the wires to the sides so you wouldn't see them during pictures. :)

Andrew McFadden said:
Just as expected, very nice! normally I say add a black background to hide the wires and what not. But with yours the color of it looking threw the picture looks natural and I like. Maybe you can move the wires to the sides so you wouldn't see them during pictures. :)

Thank you :) Already ahead, I bought background a few days ago (black) just haven't had the time to cut it :p Should have it up by the weekend and a new pic with it on. But I know what you mean wires do kill it lol. The air stone will be out too, it was just in there to get some movement while the tank was cycling.

Hey guys sorry for the long time for a update. Here's a new pic with added plants and angels :) hope you guys like it... its still a work in progress.

img_2189493_0_2b4f24d8ada051e829575f74a3eea84c.jpg

Here is a updated pic :)

Today after WC and some trimming:

img_2209545_0_47ac6d8162869f077958b76e5597a129.jpg

Back
Top Bottom