New lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobbiest

Aquarium Advice Activist
I upgraded lights this month and was wondering if anyone can tell me if I have Low-High lighting? My lights are two 6700K HO lights that are 22inch above substrate and a 36inch Finnex Planted Plus that is 23 inches above substrate.

My red Tigar lotus plants are still red and I have pressurized C02 but I am still having a small algae problem in tank and was wondering if I should replace one of the 6700K bulbs with a rosette bulb?

I know I should start a more regiment fertilizing schedule as of now I am only using Leaf zone and root tabs. I have the pps pro ferts, but when I was using I was having a black algae problem (before I upgraded lights).

Plants include:
Amazon Swords
Java Ferns
Giant Hair Grass
Ricca
Red Tigar Lotus
Java grass
Ludwigia Repens
Drarf Sag

Problems everywhere at the current time can someone please help?:(

Just finished cleaning tank and I had black hair algae on giant hair grass. I removed from tank and cleaned off the best I could and then replanted. Advice from any of you plant experts out there would greatly be appreciated.

Well thanks for all the helpful advice I've been able to get from this forum:rolleyes::lol:. I think I may have figured out a bit on my own. I did change out one of my 6700K bulbs with a rosette bulb and I am lowering photo time in tank to see if that helps. I am also going to start the pps system of fertilizing again.
If anyone does look and decide they might chime in I am having a co2 issue in the tank. I use a atomic co2 diffuser, but the co2 still looks as if it is just floating to surface and escaping and drop checker stays blue. The co2 does lower the PH but of late my bubble counter starts reducing co2 on its own. The longer its left the less it puts out until it shuts off completely. I have a Milwaukee regulator and solenoid on a 20 lb. tank with a Greenleaf atomic diffuser if anyone sees fit please any advice is better than none :thanks:

Looks like you answered your own question :)

As for the co2... I would stick the outlet beneath a filter intake. That will help keep the co2 from escaping.

I think I am documenting for my own reference but BBA came back with a vengeance in my 65 Gal! Last week I did a pwc every other day of about 20% today I did a 50%pwc. The BBA was on my Giant hair grass, jungle val and driftwood in the tank.

I took plants affected out of tank and cut leaves all the way down to about an inch from roots, The driftwood had a java fern attached so I turned it upside down in a bucket while trying to stay away from plant I scrubbed the wood with peroxide, then rinsed and returned to tank. I also scrubbed every inch of the aquarium to make sure there were no traces of it on glass.

I replanted all the plants and put a giant wisteria plant I had in the tank in front of Jungle val until it grows out again. For the moment the tank is beautiful and I am holding my breath again to see how things go.

My thirty gallon also had green spot algae I had to scrub today. It is frustrating to no end that the tanks I spend hundreds on have so many issues. I have co2, lighting, ferts and everything they could possibly need. Then I have a twenty gal no ferts, just use root tabs, no co2 and it only takes me 15 min to clean once a week stays Pristine! Plants trying to grow out of tank:facepalm::facepalm: Maybe I should just stop trying so hard with the bigger tanks? I don't know but getting extremely FRUSTRATED:banghead:

pics of newly cleaned tank
41274-albums12524-picture68646.jpg

Back
Top Bottom