New low light rescape planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These are all good selections for the tank you are setting up.
Set it and forget it!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's what I'm aiming for. Quick question: What should my fert regimen be like? Should I still dose PPS-Pro daily? I'll have the pressurized CO2, but it'll be tuned down from what it is currently is.

I'd just keep.up on root tabs and do 2 healthy pps pro doses a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd just keep.up on root tabs and do 2 healthy pps pro doses a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like a good deal ??. Simple and easy.

I went to Petsmart yesterday, and the TC Windelov J. Fern was ratty. I might just put in a huge order to Han Aquatics in November. They have pretty much all of the crypts and Anubias that I want. Has anyone ever ordered from this place before?

My low light shrimp tank is the epitome of low maintenance. Water changes 1x a week and feed the shrimp 3-4x a week. No CO2 or water column ferts. Substrate fertilizers every few months. No trimming. Tank is full of crypts and moss with a few stem plants in there. Water lettuce and duckweed does need to be scooped out every couple of weeks. Originally had a dual T5 NO fixture but that died. Replaced it with a Finnex Fugeray. Was afraid it would be too much light. Makes me realize the impact that CO2 has on plant growth.

Sounds like a good deal ??. Simple and easy.

I went to Petsmart yesterday, and the TC Windelov J. Fern was ratty. I might just put in a huge order to Han Aquatics in November. They have pretty much all of the crypts and Anubias that I want. Has anyone ever ordered from this place before?

I recently ordered from Han. Good, quick service. Healthy plants. I would order from there again.

I recently ordered from Han. Good, quick service. Healthy plants. I would order from there again.

Sounds like a good seller.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want the hardscape to look like. I'll keep my current piece of DW (I believe it is red spiderwood), and I'll put the Windelov Java Fern on it near the left corner. The right corner will have VERY branchy spiderwood with plenty of Anubias. In total, there will be 3-5 total pieces of driftwood (2 medium sized, 1-3 very small pieces to complement the other pieces and to give a natural appearance). The middle and edges will be composed of Crypts and some Dwarf Sag. The foreground will be composed of a small Marsilea sp. and Crypt parva. Would a couple Crinum calamistratum look good in the background? I was thinking of a background of Ozelot Swords, Crypt balansae, Crinum calamistrum, Tiger Val/other Val sp., and Windelov Java Fern.

This tank will have no moss and no stem plants. None! Haha

Back
Top Bottom