New plants in and the Ludwigia pantanale is SAD... (pic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey gang,

Well last week I ordered some new plants to replace the hydro with and they came in today. All of them looked WONDERFUL... then I opened the 2 bunches of Ludwigia pantanale I ordered and almost cried. (see pic)

They might be a little more than a 1/2" tall, can't really tell what it is, I've planted it but I'm a little worried that my fish will end up eating it.

I sent an email to the guy telling him that I was disappointed so we'll have to see what his response is... I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

As this happened to anyone else? What happened?

Jeff

Top pic is what I thought I would be getting....
Bottom pic is what I got...

Ouch. I don't blame you for being upset. Although I have to say that something similar did recently happen to me. I ordered a specimen of Pogostemon helferi from Singapore and what arrived was much smaller than I expected. I was expecting something close to 6" and got a tiny 1/2" plant. Although I haven't noticed much growth as of yet it seems to be doing OK. Good luck with the Ludwigia

That is unacceptable, IMO. Agree with Gregg, it just looks like a dead plant.

Did you include those pics in the email?

he should send you a new one, or give you your $$ back.

That plant is not dieing it is dead. I would have been upset too. This is one of the reasons I do not order plants through the mail.

I haven't had a problem yet with plants going through the mail, I always make sure its overnight shipping. If they spend more time in the mail and its a sensitive plant I could see how it could die. Anyways I'm sure the place you bought it from will replace it.

Well I received a response today, he said he would refund the money!!!

It's too bad though, I really wanted that plant :(

Bearfan said:
It actually looks like a bulb. I'd be willing to guess that's what it was.
except this isn't a bulb plant...at least not according to the stuff I read on the net.

glad you were able to get a refund.

Back
Top Bottom