New Shrimp Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeachBum2012

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just getting started but I wanted to get some input before I plant and fill 'er up.

10g Tank
23W CFL Lighting
Aquasoil Amazonia Substrate
AC 20 with prefilter sponge
Going to use RO water only

img_1082476_0_b0cecaf9117169ed912045ab9dfe6e07.jpg

img_1082476_1_fbf7443f4a6f5e311b847ed4eaa6dc00.jpg

The idea is to plant some A. Nana 'Petite' around the base of the tree, something just a little taller in the corner behind it, some sort of moss on top and some easy foreground on the tree side leaving about a third of the tank bare substrate on the left. I'm leaning toward xmas moss for the tree and Dwarf Hairgrass for the foreground but I'm up to suggestions. Not really sure what about the back corner yet. Maybe a java fern of some sort.

I'm also not too sure I like the slate so I may change out those pieces for something else.

The goal is for CRS/CBS and a couple of Ottos and Nerites when everything is nice and stable.

What do you guys think? Ideas? Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks for taking a look.

I like it. I like small planted tanks like this because i can use DIY Co2. lol.

I like it. I like small planted tanks like this because i can use DIY Co2. lol.

Thanks

I'm going to keep this and the other ten gallon I'm working on low tec. Want to raise shrimp and don't want to make it any more difficult than it has to be.

The 15g that I have with my RCS in it now, however, I'm thinking about doing DIY CO2 in the near future. I want to focus more on the plants in that one.

i think that that tree will look awesome with some moss on top. keep us posted with lots of pics

Very excited to see pictures of this filled up with some plants! I cant wait to see it!

looks like a nice start. fill it up and start leeching out that ammonia with the aquasoil. get some plants going and it established for when you add shrimp.

looks like a nice start. fill it up and start leeching out that ammonia with the aquasoil. get some plants going and it established for when you add shrimp.

I have the 'Petite' and moss now. Was hoping to pick up some Hairgrass from you so I can get it started. LOL

i've read that you if you cut an anubias it will release a chemical that is toxic to shrimp. be carefull

That tree looks great. Where'd you get a piece of wood like that?

Edit: Oh, nevermind, gotta read the whole thread. :p

Well, I got the tree done and the A. Nana 'Petite' all done. I started to plant some of the hairgrass but I've got to get ready for my pool league. Looks like I'll have to finish tomorrow. I'll have some pics up then.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Back
Top Bottom