New to CO2! 2 questions.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trick to the fluval is wetting the o ring prior to closure. Works every time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

But I already started looking at glass ones....

Maybe that's it :). I'll have to change it this weekend and keep a closer eye on it.

I just had two large packets of API laterite gravel show up on the door stop so I'm not meant to order anything for the rest of the month :(

Haha yours might be fine. I was having to refill mine every day because all of the solution would leak out every 24 hours. I think I just had a really messed up one. I tried wetting the oring, replacing the oring, twisting it on..I'd come back a few hours later and the entire drop checker was empty.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Printing this out to show the family committee that it's bound to fail and I should get a glass one :)

Idk, I've only used them since xmass. Still the same one of I think 4 that I ordered so not much experience with them.

Alright well I'm channeling Brookster in the hope wetting the o ring works. I've already had to refill my co2 tank twice because it emptied over night after the first time I hooked it up so I'm hoping for no more leak issues but I'm sure the usual Murphy's law will intervene!

It's cold, pressurized gas.. it's not necessarily plug and play.. i test all fittings with soapy water and replace certain orings after each fill.. if you've read through some of my threads you'll see I'm no stranger to leak outs

Alright well I'm channeling Brookster in the hope wetting the o ring works. I've already had to refill my co2 tank twice because it emptied over night after the first time I hooked it up so I'm hoping for no more leak issues but I'm sure the usual Murphy's law will intervene!

What depth do you have yours at? Mine is about a foot or half down. I'm just wondering if water pressure might help mine. I think there was a certain depth it had to go though from memory (maybe I really should read the instructions again).

You'll be changing the liquid every 3 weeks anyways. I use the fluval in my nano. It's just reagent so no big thing.. you could... just wait out the glass dc from China (have 2!) And treat this as an acclimation period. Start at 2 bps and up it 1 bps a week until your glass gets there. In the meantime, find a water report and see where your gh/kh is at. Where does it fall on test strip? Post a pic if possible.

New test kit here! I am at kh8 and ph 7.4-7.6. On that chart that still puts me a bit under the range. I cranked it up a bit but hard to get it to increase just a little! Even the teensiest turn takes it from 1.5 to about 3bps. Do you think double will be too much?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom