New to planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishtank3

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a brand new 20 gallon that I would like to make an all live planted tank
I have Co2 and all the proper lighting figured out but I do not know what substrate is better flvual stratum or a dark fluorite? If you know please comment as I would like to get this tank set up as quickly as possible :thanks:

Not sure to be honest. I have read some reviews that says long term the stratum loses its consistency and gets mushy almost in my hunt for substrate on a shrimp tank.

To be honest, unless you are doing a high light high tech tank you can get by wth just sand and root tabs :)

Caleb

Not sure to be honest. I have read some reviews that says long term the stratum loses its consistency and gets mushy almost in my hunt for substrate on a shrimp tank.

To be honest, unless you are doing a high light high tech tank you can get by wth just sand and root tabs :)

Caleb

Ok thanks

Sent from me quietly wishing I was a fish

I've used Sand. I've used AquaSoil Amazonia, I've used gravel.

A lot of people swear by Eco Complete or Fluval

What kinds of plants are you trying to grow ?

Are you stocking Cories?

What lights will you be running ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iv used Eco Complete and ADA AquaSoil. My vote is if you are new to planted tanks and are just getting your feet wet go with Eco Complete. It works well and you wont have to worry about it. Aquasoil is amazing however the price of it is kind of high for a new person because imo if you are new you arent going to see/use the benefits of it because you have a lot to figure out in other areas that are more important Such as fertz co2 lighting.

The only good Flourite is the red one. the rest have been proven to have issues

Back
Top Bottom