Not sure if it looks good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
Not sure if this looks good ***UPDATE***

So I have rearranged this tank again, I can't really get it to look good. I decided to tie the anubias to the driftwood and I switched the sides the driftwood were on. I have some aponogeton bulbs that are starting to sprout and they will soon go in the background. I know it will look better as the plants grow in, but I am not sure I am how I am feeling about these driftwood shapes, and the java fern still hasn't attached and started growing or anything. It has been exactly the same for like two weeks. I want it to creep across the top of the driftwood and be nice and thick.

**** UPDATE ****
I added a new picture, I rearranged it one more time. I swear I am going to leave it be and let the plants grow for now.:D
The FIRST picture is the old one, the SECOND picture is the updated one. I think I actually like it now... Input appreciated, you guys have really been a huge help!

Imo ditch the flower pot and use slate rock or some other rock to male a cave. The flower pots just make aquarium unnatural to me.

It's very symetrical...... is that what you were going for? I prefer tanks that have more natural placement. To me, the driftwood on either side, the pot in the middle, it doesn't work for me, but that's just my own personal preference.

I don't mind the terra cotta, but I'd almost like to see perhaps a few small terra pieces, like shards but fish safe (no sharp edges), to balance it out.

Once your plants grow in a bit, if it were my tank, I'd lower the heater some so that it doesn't stand out so much.

Yes I do like symmetry to some extent but maybe it is a bit too symmetrical. I did have two pots in there at one point but I didn't have the space for both of them with the second piece of driftwood. I think you are right if I get a few more shards of terracotta and scatter it around it might make it look a little more natural, or even a few smaller pieces to make caves out of. And as the plants grow in, I am hoping the crypts will overshadow the terracotta a bit so it is a greener cave and doesn't stand out quit as much. And yes the heater really bugs me as well. I tried putting it near the bottom and off to the side, everywhere I put it, it stands out like a sore thumb, lol.

I also center my heater on the back wall, but center it low. I have driftwood in front of it so that it doesn't show.

Yeah I am going to move it down and hope the plants start to cover it. My driftwood isn't big enough to hide it.

Put the heater horizontal instead of vertical... it hides much easier that way (that's how all mine are). Is that dwarf sag in the front? I kind of agree that it's a bit symmetrical, but it's hard to tell with the plants all being so small. Once they fill in, it'll probably lost some of the symmetry. I also agree with the terra cotta pot... I like them :)

Last edited:
Put the heater horizontal instead of vertical... it hides much easier that way (that's how all mine are). Is that dwarf sag in the front? I kind of agree that it's a bit symmetrical, but it's hard to tell with the plants all being so small. Once they fill in, it'll probably lost some of the symmetry. I also agree with the terra cotta pot... I like them :)
yes dwarf sag, it came in with unusually long leaves. aquariumplants.com said that when it begins to propagate it will grow shorter. I had dwarf sag in my planted 10 gallon and it was always small little grasslike pieces.

The first picture the heater is verticle. that was the way it was before. the second two pictures it is horizontal but I am going to move it further down.

I rearranged it one last time and I am going to leave it be and let the plants grow in. The FIRST picture is the old one, the SECOND picture is the updated one. I think I actually like it now :D ... any further input would be appreciated, you guys have really been a huge help! Thanks so much!

Without us, your life would be drab, completely void of color and texture..... it would be a truly horrible existence. Good thing you have us. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom