Paludarium light question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowryder

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 45g tank that I am turning into a paludarium and I was wondering what type of lighting would be good? There is going to be around 10" of water and tons of plants. I am not sure what type of plants yet. I am not going for a high tech setup. I dont know much about planted tanks, this will be my second and the first order of plants for my first tank are on their way (hopefully). Is it possible to do high light plants w/o co2? Or maybe a med light?

A 1 to 2 tube T5HO should grow what you want. You should be able to get some awesome emersed growth plants. I wouldn't worry about CO2 for this application. Light is WAY more effective in air than water. ;)

What kind of wattage are we talking about? I saw a fixture with 2x39 watt. Would that be fine?

If it's the Coralife fixture which is what I have I'd say that's perfect. They produce a lot of light, I can't keep up with my plant growth.

That is a great fixture and a great deal! I'm a little annoyed that I paid so much for mine when I could've gotten that fixture for half what I paid. I gotta stop throwing away my receipts and doing a little more browsing before I make purchases from now on!

That is a great fixture and a great deal! I'm a little annoyed that I paid so much for mine when I could've gotten that fixture for half what I paid. I gotta stop throwing away my receipts and doing a little more browsing before I make purchases from now on!

Dont worry, I kick my butt everythime I see craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom