partly rescaped. What do ya think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I moved some things around, took some things out.
I am also looking for some suggestions for a good fast growing back ground plant. Something that wont be attacked by the green spot.

Here is the tank before...
twentyh.jpg

Here is after. The tall plants in the back were covered with green spot, but mostly on the bottom, so I cut them way short and moved them over near the filter intake. Hopefully to hide it when they get taller.
dscf4348.jpg

And this plant is turning out to be one of my favorites, wisteria I think? I love the bright green of the new growth, and they are really taking off.
dscf4353.jpg

That's a wild piece of driftwood! I think I like the first picture better. The wood is center stage rather then pushed to the left. It had better balance. DId you add rocks and a new piece of wood in the second picture?

The rocks and the wood were there before, just hidden.
So that is one vote for the driftwood center. I did like it there too, but it seems to give the tank a little more depth moved over to the side.
I will research the l. Repens. Thanks :D

I agree...some tall stem plants would do nicely. L. repens, anacharis, hornwort could work. If you really want something fuller, a nice jungle val would also do.

I also agree that the wood looked better in the center.

Wow, I love that driftwood! I would play around with it a little to find the best position. I like it in the center, maybe slightly off to the left or the right, but just a little. Once you get some plants grown in around it, it will be harder to see, so think about what parts you want to make sure are exposed. It makes an excellent iwagumi object :)

wow, nice tank!
Yes, I think the wood in the middle is better too.
oh and the is certainly wisteria. That stuff simply explodes! I'm fighting it off in my tank! great plant though...

Ry.

I agree with the way the wood branches, moving it to the right would be a better option. That is wisteria. Need something in the foreground in front of the wood. Maybe some blyxa japonica or dwarf sag. The wood looks to "placed" right now. Tank is taking good shape though. Stem plants would help add more depth also. Looking good.

Back
Top Bottom