Pearling!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
For the first time ever, I have offically acheived pearling. Out of nowhere today my amazon sword started making bubbles like mad. It's quite fascinating.

How does one go about producing baby swords
Swords use a really short rhizome I think. Basically you'll see the leaves grow into multiple clumps at the base. Wait until the new plants have 5-6 leaves and uproot the "mother" and pull the "daughter" off and replant both.

Interesting, there has been a lot of new leaf growth, but so far it's all in one clump. I wouldn't mind having a second sword in the tank.

He he, I've spent a lot of money on it (for a highschool kid) so it's nice that it's finally showing results.

jrp1588 said:
He he, I've spent a lot of money on it (for a highschool kid) so it's nice that it's finally showing results.

I'm an unemployed College kid, so i'm worse off :p Whats your setup? I'm 15gal tall, DIY CO2, just started it so I have time beofre I see pearling. But my plants are taking off.

I have a 30gallon DIY CO2, 65watt PC lamp, eco-complete substrate...my plants are...anarchis, hornwart, java fern, java moss, amazon sword, wisteria, and a couple unidentified plants

Back
Top Bottom