Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the full tank shot.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1423853761045.jpg
    1423853761045.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 88
I've always had a small algae problem, But now it seems like I'm winning this battle. The rocks on the left used to look like the ones on the right a few days ago. I took them out and hit them with a one two punch of h2o2 and glut and scrubbed them. I didn't want to do that with the rocks on the right since they support the dw, but I did them today. I will post again once they all look alike.lol

Here's a little update pic of the ABP. I threw in a heater suction cup that had a Lil BBA on it and they have slowly but surely cleaned it up. These Lil guys are great cleaners, I wish I could let them go in the tank, but I would never find them again until they're giant poo makers ;)

Attachments

• 1423853973021.jpg
    1423853973021.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 1423854229895.jpg
    1423854229895.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 68
Here's what i won from Mike at Mass aquariums on YouTube. It's an co2 starter kit from S.T. International. It's pretty sweet Lil rig and will put it on my 10g and I also got ammonia/nitrite remover. I don't know when I will set it up but keep a look out for it. So shout out to Mike from Mass and his channel and S.T. International. Check him out on youtube. 1,000 Sub contest results sponsored by ST International:

Attachments

• 1423855009648.jpg
    1423855009648.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 1423855025476.jpg
    1423855025476.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 1423855042642.jpg
    1423855042642.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 81
Tank looks vibrant, colorful, and healthy. Your efforts are really paying off.
I forgot about the BNPs. They are growing.
As for spot lighting the the macrocandra, can you put a small (5.5") dome light and CFL over it for extra light?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He's going the distance..he's going for speed!!! Tank looks awesome! Kill that bba with fire bro, remember what happened to mine... remember?!?!? Riegn down h202 like it's winter 2015 in NE...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bcuz he's racing and pacing....lol thanks Brook. The rocks started turning purple already. Now I have to tackle the dw.

Fresh, thanks to you it's looking like that. I was thinking about a small dome light too. I have a standard desk lamp and a reptile lamp. I would probably use the reptile one since it has a better reflector. The ABNs are getting better can wait to get rid of them though.

Well, I might have to hit you up on the Rotala macrocandra one day once you get that going. But not for a while.
Gorgeous reds.

Yeah for sure. Once I figure out the magic number, be ready for it.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a beautiful plant, but I've heard that it's difficult to take care of properly, and I don't have a great balance in my tank and I don't think I can handle it.

Teach me your ways! Haha.

Tank looks great by the way. Lots of great contrast!

Thanks Rad! Before I bought it, I did some research on it and yes it had a higher degree of difficultly but I though my lighting was good enough. apparently I was wrong. It's still fairly new to me so I keep at it until I can figure it out and hopefully drop some knowledge....word. Lol

Thanks fisher! Makes me want to better lighting too. How have you been?

Thanks fisher! Makes me want to better lighting too. How have you been?

Doing well, chomping at the bit for spring. Never thought I'd be looking forward to warm weather. I'm ready to ship some fish! Also ready for my livebearers to get back to doing what livebearers do :fish2: :fish2::fish2: :fish2:

Dude, I feel you. I need to get rid of all these endlers and ABPs. When you started me out with 3 or 4, I never thought I would have so many. That's what I get for saving them out the 29. Maybe save up for another light? Ray 2?

Dude, I feel you. I need to get rid of all these endlers and ABPs. When you started me out with 3 or 4, I never thought I would have so many. That's what I get for saving them out the 29. Maybe save up for another light? Ray 2?

Just say the word when the ABPs are ready. I'm good for 1 or 2 of them. (y)

You bet. I guess as soon as the temp goes up, there are heading your way.

You bet. I guess as soon as the temp goes up, there are heading your way.

Hmm... Just looked at your location. We're about as far as away as we can get and still live in the continental states. When the time comes, I might have to upgrade to 1 day shipping. Priority mail usually takes the full 3 days to get here from the east coast. It's worth it to me though, to know that they are coming from someone who cares about their tanks and are most likely disease free. I've had nothing but disappointment from all of the LFS's near me lately.

Snow day for me....snapped a pic of my "spot light" on. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• 1424191680010.jpg
    1424191680010.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom