Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow great looking tank. Which plant is that in the back row to the right of the anubias leaf? Is it rotala rotundifolia?

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Wow great looking tank. Which plant is that in the back row to the right of the anubias leaf? Is it rotala rotundifolia?

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Thanks RadMax....Yes it's rotala rotundifolia.I'm trying to get it to grow sloping in front of the macrandra. Time will tell.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks RadMax....Yes it's rotala rotundifolia.I'm trying to get it to grow sloping in front of the macrandra. Time will tell.

I've got it in my tank, not sure how I feel about it. It's growing ok, but the stems are super delicate. Like you said, time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tank looks prohhhhfessshhawnnalll man!! Getting anubias to work in a high light tank is not easy task! May have to hit you up for some of that macandra:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey Pit, split the order. I don't need that many. It only takes a few to propagate into a dozen and so on.

Do I get some sweet paper towel too?!?!? I can totally wait man. proceed with regularly scheduled program and I'll bug you later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol...I feel like a kid caught in between two parents bickering....you take it...,no you take it...lol. so all to Fresh?

62va28f.png
"But I insist. You take it!"
Okay, just being generous. I'll take it. I have a spot picked out for it. Just saying, I don't need a lot of stems to get this going.

Wow.. great photos of a beautiful tank. The contrasting colors are amazing. What type of stone are you using there? I like the color as well. And really nice touch with the moss on the DW.

Last edited:
Wow.. great photos of a beautiful tank. The contrasting colors are amazing. What type of stone are you using there? I like the color as well. And really nice touch with the moss on the DW.

Thanks Brian your the inspiration...I really want to shot some photos like yours, hopefully in fall I can take a photography class and get a better camera/computer skills. I don't know what stone I have, I believe its some type of sand stone. I found it on a run and picked up on my way back. I did the vinegar test, no fuzz and I know it's not an accurate test but I'm a baller on a budget.I felt so funny running back with handfuls of rocks.

Back
Top Bottom