Plant food!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope i only changed around the aquascape a little likemoved some rocks and added some rocks and plants but other than that i didnt do anything that could have spiked the parameters like that

Seems odd to get such a big spike so quick. Have u tested your tap water?

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

I clean the filter and all the pipes and the filters themselves and even the impeller and scrub everything with brush inside and out every 2 weeks about

When you "clean" the filter, are you changing out filter pads ? Or just rinsing them in dechlorinated water ? You might be over cleaning ??

I'd do a large 50% PWC to get Nitrates down.

I am just wondering why you gh is so high? What kind of rock you have in tank?

Your tap water is probably full of chemicals ( Chlorine) that are killing your beneficial bacteria.

Rocks and substrate can have a huge impact on water chemistry.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I got gravel from freshwater lake beach and the substrate was super clean, and found rocks next to same lake what exactly do rocks change in the water because my water seems to be very soft

I would check with local resources to learn the chemistry behind what you have sourced from nature. For example I have rocks that are not rock at all but wood.

I suggest adding some crushed coral, a tablespoon at a time. Your ph will rise.

That doesn't appear to be doing the trick.

Is there a reason why u want a higher ph? Most fish can thrive in any ph level. Adjusting it can be more stressful than leaving it alone

Because its at 5 and that too low and fish where acting very like slow and shy and bored always hiding now they are better after i added baking soda, also i heard that if u change your water too often they may get stressed cus all good bacteria is being cleaned out and i cleaned tank like 2 times that week so i dont really know what im doing, because i like my tank to be spotless but apperently fish dont haha

Back
Top Bottom