plant substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thomas.w

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is tbe difference between floramax and echo complete besides price that is? Is one better than the other? Just wanted some oppinions before I bu. Getting ready to rearange my tank, change my background to black and install my new sat + next step down the road is substrate.

They're essentially the same thing in terms of the lava rock they use for the material. However, EC has that beneficial bacteria liquid in the bag and because of it you don't need to pre-rinse. Floramax definitely needs a rinse before adding it to the tank. I like them equally but would get which ever it available to you at the 'lower price."

Btw, I have two Sat+ fixtures...love it!

I love the fact you don't have to rinse Eco, just open the bag and pour it and the liquid in. I also have never had any clouding issues when using Eco and I literally have it as the substrate in all my tanks.

Floramax is usually a good bit cheaper so it'd be my choice out of the two. Just put it in a 5g bucket, put the hose down into the bottom and let it overflow. Stir it every few seconds and dump off any cloudy water. Should start running clear within a few minutes and you are good to go.

Thanks for the replies. Was thinking of putting some API Startzyme on it after I get it in the tank so its got some bacteria to start and would still be cheaper than echo. Thoughts

I have some leftover. And where do you buy empty pill capsules from for DIY root tabs

Back
Top Bottom