Plant suggestions for my 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LittleCory

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm currently cycling my 10 gallon tank. It is my first planted tank and honestly, it's the first tank I've ever put much thought into. The other tanks I've had have all been spur of the moment betta tanks. Here's a picture of my tank so far.
hicfxg1.jpg

As you can see, it already has several java fern and some anacharis. The tank has only been set up for two weeks so it hasn't had much time to grow. I'm looking for some hardy low-tech beginner plants that aren't going to just die on me, lol. My filter is an Aquaclear 20, my lights are 2 Aqueon Colormax 6" florescent(10 watt each). I'm hoping to stock the tank with some neon tetras and a pair of dwarf gourami. I've read the gourami like floating plants but I don't want any floating plants that are going to take over the tank. I know that anacharis can live floating so I'm considering just floating those and finding more background plants to take its spot in the tank. What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe some anubias for the foreground, and some floating plants. There is this random plant that is floating around in all of my tanks, and it looks really nice. I'll tell you when I find out what it is.

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom